Claim your shot at some amazing prizes, invaluable industry recognition, serious networking opportunities and major publicity by entering your best apps into the 2016 App of the Year Awards.
The 2016 event will feature a genre-based categories structure (as opposed to being platform-specific). These new categories were established in 2015 in line with feedback from industry. Entries open on April 2016
The 2016 categories (and sub-categories) are:
There may be overlap in subcategories. Try choose the category that best describes your app, or enter multiple categories.
- Best Enterprise
- Media & communications: If your app helps businesses communicate, manage their content, media and social media, it belongs here.
- Ecommerce: Does your app enable business through ecommerce? Can a customer use aspects of your app to pay your client? Does it secure, underpin or drive ecommerce? Enter it here.
- Business solutions & sales: Mobile sales tools, data capture, CRM, and related apps
- Utilities: If your app supports productivity and brings tools to enterprise mobile devices, enter it here.
- Navigation (and geo location apps): Maps, GPS and location-based enterprise apps should navigate their way to this subcategory.
- Best Consumer apps
- Ka-ching: Finance & banking – apps that assist with budgeting, banking, savings, or money tracking would fit here. These are consumer focused apps only, not to be confused with enterprise apps.
- Fun stuff: Entertainment & gaming (incl. kids apps) – apps that entertain or facilitate fun go here. This includes games, keeping the kiddies occupied, and knowing when your fave show is on.
- Share: Media & communications (incl. community & social) – we live in a social media world. Apps that for accessing or collating content, sharing content, connecting with others and getting social fit here.
- Live out loud: Lifestyle (incl. health & fitness, and personal education) – Live your best life. Apps that help you eat better, train harder, cook better, be smarter and learn stuff fit under this heading.
- Get stuff done: Productivity (incl. utilities) – these apps make your daily to dos a breeze. They fulfil a practical need. Torches, diaries, calendars, lists, shopping and email management would all work here.
- Create: Creative apps (incl. Photo & video) – draw, scribble, embellish, doodle, edit, decorate. Apps that let users tap into their inner AnnieLeibovitz or Pablo Picasso belong here.
- Best Enterprise Development App: Drawn from the MTN Foundation app development programme alumni
- Best Breakthrough Developer: This is an award for new-on-the-scene developers, entering the Awards for the first time.
- Most Innovative App: Does your app invent, innovate, revolutionise, recreate, transform, modernise or change things? Enter it now!
- Best Mobile Gaming App
And, ultimately, we will award the MTN Business App of the Year Award from an app entered within the above categories. It could be yours.
Enter your app here, and join the conversation by following and using #MTNAppAwards
How much does it cost?
Once we have received your submission form we will e-mail you your invoice. Entries will be charged R250 (excluding vat) per category that is entered. This includes the subcategories. In other words, if you submit one app in to Best Consumer Lifestyle subcategory, Best Consumer Entertainment subcategory and Most Innovative App category, you will be invoiced for R750 (excluding vat).