MTN Business App of the Year Awards is now open for entries
Best Enterprise App: Locally developed applications aimed specifically at companies/businesses.
- CRM: Locally developed apps focused on Customer Relationship Management.
- E-commerce: Does your app enable business through e-commerce? Can a customer use aspects of your app to pay your client? Does it secure, underpin or drive e-commerce? Then enter it here.
- Storage: Any potential storage solution goes here.
- Business solutions and sales: Mobile sales tools, data capture and related apps
- Utilities: If your app supports productivity and brings tools to enterprise mobile devices, enter it here.
- Smart Solutions: Industry-wide apps that provide a smart solution to a specific challenge or problem.
Best Consumer App: Locally developed applications that will make a positive difference to the everyday lives of consumers.
- Entertainment: Entertainment and gaming (including kids apps), that entertain or facilitate fun go here. This includes games, keeping the kiddies occupied and knowing when your must-watch favourite television show is on.
- Media and communications:Any social media and communications applications used for accessing or collating content, sharing content, connecting with others fit here.
- Productivity: These apps make your daily to-do’s a breeze, and fulfil a practical need. Diaries, calendars, lists, shopping, personal organisation and email management would all work here.
- Creative arts: Creative apps (including photography and video), that enable you to draw, scribble, embellish, doodle, edit and decorate. Apps that let users tap into their inner Annie Leibovitz or Pablo Picasso belong here.
- Community and social: Social networking apps, or apps that solve a unique community challenge or problem.
Best Women in STEM App: This is awarded to the best app created by a female developer.
This category is divided into two subcategories:
- Best Enterprise App
- Best Beginner
Most Innovative App: Does your app invent, innovate, revolutionise, recreate, transform, modernise or change things?
Best Incubated App: Drawn from the MTN Foundation app development programme alumni.
Best Health App: Live your best life! Apps that help you eat better, train harder, cook better, be smarter fit under this heading.
Best Gaming App:
- Best Mobile Gaming App: African apps targeting the funtastical world of mobile gaming.
- Best Gamification App: Apps or web-based solutions that have been developed further to integrate game mechanics into them (such as points scoring, competition with others, rules of play etc), to motivate participation, engagement and loyalty.
Best Educational App: Locally developed applications focused specifically on the education sector.
Best Agricultural App: Locally developed applications focused specifically on the agricultural sector.
Best Financial App: Locally developed applications focused specifically on the financial sector.
An overall winner will be chosen from the above category entrants.
Participants benefit from the rigorous judging process, the extensive media coverage of the event, the opportunity to network with major industry stakeholders and the opportunity to take home some fantastic prizes.